Posté with love

18.5.10

Just Like Yesterday.


I was writing about how much i missed certain things in life be it a person or an object or even just the feeling of doing something and it dawn upon me that much of that part of life is slipping away. As i went on listing down all the things, i realize all i was doing was venting all my frustration and it had nothing to do with me missing anything.

Sigh. It's highly complicated.

If you must really know what i was writing before i went "screw this emotional sh*t" then read away. Pardon me for sounding like a 40 year old and all that whining drama.

I really miss my long hair. Not that i am not loving a shorter do now but it is just not the same. There is something about wearing your hair long for 20 years and then a sudden drastic change causing a major identity crisis. So much for a little drama huh? I guess i am feeling so because i had my impulsive hair cut just before i stepped into a brand new environment and it seems that all the new people i have just meet only knows one side of me. But it's all part of the process of change. It has to be drastic to work.

I miss the days too where i was less cynical, sarcastic and where everything i did was an adventure. I miss that stage of life where you're a little naive and there is a curiosity waiting to be quenched. Mixing tehm together provides the ideal platform to try out anything and everything. It was chaotic, it was risky and it was sure a hell lot of fun. Now, now i am more careful and i know too much of a good for myself. There is more stakes riding on you as you grow older.

I miss days where all we talked about was what we gonna do in the afternoon coz we all had time and where we were gonna party or who has the bottle from last night or when was everyone having their semester breaks. And when summer came, everyone came out to play too and there will be nights and nights of drunken trails and 5am curfews. All that drama, all that drinking, all the talks and everything in between it. Those were the days.
Now by 12 am, i am wishing that i was in my bed, pajamas on and asleep. I miss you all my drunken friends. It will no longer be the same ever back where we were 18 or 19 or even just the year before. But i love you all still - sober, working and full of responsibilites.

You know what, i think we need another one of those getaways! I for sure know i am in dire need of a holiday and excitement in my life to boot x